In the senior year, students will take a research capstone seminar in the fall and spring. Students will work on research teams under the direction of a faculty member. The research seminar course is writing-intensive where students work on and present their own, independent research.
- SOPA 400 – Capstone Research Seminar I (fall)
- SOPA 401 – Capstone Research Seminar II (spring)
Example Capstone Projects:
- Evaluation of Pre-K intervention programs designed to close the achievement gap and reduce costs in K-12 education.
- Evaluation of New Hope Housing mixed-used facilitates and how they can better support homeless families, particularly victims of domestic violence.
- Assessment of whether food scholarships can motivate learners to complete their degrees and keep the Houston economy growing.